October 29, 2015
Fall in Love with Your Home (Performance) Again — with Tom Rostron, New Jersey’s Home Performance Expert!
Home performance includes all of our services: AC, heating, hot water, air sealing, and insulation. At Tom Rostron, we approach home performance by looking at your house as an interconnected system in which mechanicals, inhabitants, and the building envelope are all interacting variables. Using this approach, we can identify the most pressing problems in your home, fix them to maximize your comfort, and decrease energy costs. As a Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® BPI Gold Star Contractor, Tom Rostron will not only perform top-quality home performance work, but will also provide you with financing and incentives to minimize your costs and increase energy savings.
How Do I Get Started With Home Performance?
A Home Energy Audit gives homeowners an overall performance check of the efficiency of their home to make sure it is delivering the comfort that it should. You can begin on the path of home performance with a no-obligation, FREE home energy audit. Our specially-trained technicians use several diagnostic tools to determine where your home is wasting energy. Our team will also uncover the following:
• Air Quality Issues
• Safety check (carbon monoxide levels, improper venting, gas lines, moisture issues)
• Comfort levels (drafts, cold and hot areas of the home)
• Improper air sealing
• Condition of current insulation
• Heating and cooling system efficiency
At the end of your audit we’ll provide you with a detailed list of prioritized improvements and services that help you save energy and improve comfort in the home. Our customized report outlines the most pressing issues with your home’s performance, the cost of fixing the issues, and ways you can use the state and manufacturer rebates to help pay for the upgrades.
Take Advantage of NJ’s Incentive Programs!
For most homeowners, making smart energy upgrades to your home can seem like a major financial undertaking. At Tom Rostron, we understand this and work diligently to provide the best financial support we can to help you better your home for the health and comfort of your family. Our state’s residents have access to some fabulous incentives through New Jersey’s Clean Energy Program™ & Lennox. These state & manufacturer programs can make upgrading your home’s energy efficiency a reality, and can lessen the financial investment upgrades usually require. Using these programs, you may qualify for up to:
• New Jersey’s Clean Energy Program™ $4,000 rebate
• Home Performance with ENERGY STAR 10-year interest-free $10,000 loan
• $1,700 rebate on Lennox equipment
• Lennox Customer Finance Program $45,000 no-downpayment loan
In total, you could get $60,700 worth of brand new, high efficiency heating, air conditioning, hot water, insulation and air sealing! This offer is way too good to pass up. Contact us to learn more about these incentives and to schedule your FREE home energy audit!
Fall is Here! Is Your Home Prepared?
Fall is the perfect time to start thinking about home efficiency. Even though fall is a beautiful time of the year here in New Jersey, there’s no getting around the fact that temperatures begin to drop quick as the season progresses, with winter not far off. Fortunately, there are a number of different things you can do in order to prepare your home for the fall, and there’s no better time than now to get started! By now, your heating system has been inactive for a while, and unexpected issues can pop up out of nowhere if you don’t make sure everything is operating smoothly. When was the last time you had your heating system checked out? Fall is the best time of the year to get back on track with preventative maintenance. In addition to a maintenance tune-up, make sure your insulation is up to par! As heating season approaches, insulation becomes especially crucial for home comfort. Having your insulation evaluated by a professional is the best route to take. Not sure where to start? That’s where we come in! The best way to ensure that your home is ready for the fall is to schedule a home energy audit. A home energy audit is like a visit to the doctor for your home: it evaluates what is working properly and efficiently, and what isn’t. The end result is an improvement for your home’s performance and a more comfortable living space this fall.
From the Desk of Tom
Happy fall! Our team is hard at work, getting our customers ready for the cold season ahead. Heating season is upon us! Now is the perfect time to get your home prepped for the winter ahead. We all need a little reminder once in a while about having a tune-up maintenance appointment, and we’re here to make sure it gets checked off your to-do list! We’ll make any necessary tweaks and adjustments to get your systems operating at peak performance, so we can all stay cozy and warm through this year’s coldest temps.
Baked Mini Pumpkin “Pies”
1 small sugar pumpkin
1T brown sugar
1/4t ground cinnamon
1 scoop of vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. Cut off top of pumpkin and scrape out all seeds and strings.
3. Place butter and brown sugar inside the pumpkin and sprinkle with cinnamon. Put pumpkin lid back on and place pumpkin in baking pan with a little water.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until tender.
5. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream in the pumpkin.
5 Reasons Why Heating Maintenance is KEY
On the fence about heating maintenance? Here are five reasons to make sure everything is operating properly.
1. Ensure a Safe Heating Season — Many homeowners don’t realize how much their heating
systems can affect home safety. Our trained professionals will address any issues.
2. Avoid Last-minute Emergencies — We’re here to make sure you don’t get stuck in the cold. Avoiding costly emergency heating with preventative maintenance is the way to go!
3. Save Money — If your heating system hasn’t been serviced in a while, it’s probably costing you more than necessary. Maintenance gets your heating system back to peak performance.
4. Opt for Energy Efficiency — Preventative maintenance is the best way to improve the efficiency of your heating system and opt for a cleaner, greener future.
5. Extend the Life of Your Heating System —Extending the life of your heating system means saving a great deal in comparison to having to purchase a new heating system.